NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PinkVdub
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me. Anyone in Savannah, GA who has the computer to take it off. My 10 pound dog got excited and jumped on the dash and now the light is on. I've had so many problems with this car as soon as I bought it. Its a 2002 GLS. The check engine light is also on, and has been most of the time I've had it, over a year now. It goes on, then off. Every time I get it check it just come back as a coolant wiring problem. No place I've taken it too has been able to fix it. I don't want to take it to the dealership who will just rip me off. I've just gotten it refinanced and as soon as I've gotten more paid off on it, I'm trading it in or selling it myself... after I can get its lights off. ANY ONE... please.

Any info in helping will be wonderful. My husband is gone, and working on a new bug is harder. I like my 71 better for the most part but its not a daily driver.

THANK YOU.:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
The airbag light problem is found on many VWs and Opels. If it's on - the airbag won't work. That means the on-board computer thinks that the airbag was shot (yes, shot, it's not a pillow as the most of you think). Replacing the onboard CPU is costly, fixing the problem takes time, but is cheaper. Just consult any VW dealer.

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
If you are really worried about it, take it to the dealership. They still have to give you a quote before they do work. If you don't like it, leave after you get the quote.

BTW: Viktis, what's your source on the airbag not deploying with the light on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Farrisk, experience... :) they just dont deploy. When the light is on the airbags are not in "ready mode". They are reported by the onboard CPU as already deployed or not present at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts