NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the air bag code "00003" Control Module 014 Defective be reset with VCDS Release 19.6...2 or must it be sent out

·
5/23/10 <3
10,997 Posts
Have you tried to clear it to see if it comes back?

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can probably try resetting with a VCDS, won't hurt to try. If that doesn't work, I'd take it to an Indy repair shop and see what they say. It's something you want to attend to, tho. Probably your airbags are disabled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can probably try resetting with a VCDS, won't hurt to try. If that doesn't work, I'd take it to an Indy repair shop and see what they say. It's something you want to attend to, tho. Probably your airbags are disabled.
Thank you, do you know the reset procedure?

·
5/23/10 <3
10,997 Posts
I don't think there is any other real reset other than just clearing the codes. Since you've done that and it keeps coming back, sounds like you need to dive deeper into it. Did anything happen to the car before the light came on? What year is your car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think there is any other real reset other than just clearing the codes. Since you've done that and it keeps coming back, sounds like you need to dive deeper into it. Did anything happen to the car before the light came on? What year is your car?
not that i know of came on and stayed on? 2005 new beetle 1.8L turbo convertible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts