VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Stuart_Tayler
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airbag Warning Light (Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Warning Light) stays on after replacing hazard warning switch.

New Beetle Luna 1.4, 75 PS - Registered Sep 2009. RHD

After showing intermittent operation over many years I eventually got round to replacing the hazard warning switch / Indicator relay on the wife’s New Beetle. This is fitted just above the air vents on the centre dash assembly along with the passenger airbag off light.

Thanks to: http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/41973-blend-door-diy.html

The repair was without incident and a new switch from VW (Part No: 1C0953235DB41 ) was fitted. During the replacement the switch was tested whilst the passenger airbag off light was disconnected.

Question: Would the operation of the ignition whilst the passenger airbag off light was disconnected have caused the SRS Warning Light to have latched on?

Of course other activities like testing the passenger airbag off switch and moving the driver’s seat during the job may also need to be considered.

I assume it’s a trip to the stealer to get it reset but I am just trying to anticipate if I might have caused another problem.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Stuart

·
Stuart_Tayler
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Closure:

A reset proved necessary.

It seems that both the "Passenger Air Bag Off Light" and the radio gave errors because they were not connected when I tested the Indicators / Hazard switch before I reassembled the dashboard.

Stuart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts