NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having major problems with the alarm in my 2001 beetle. It started yesterday for no apparent reason. Whenever I tried to start the car, the alarm would go off. Today, the alarm stopped going off when I started it, but began again when I opened my trunk.

What is going on? Anyone have experience with this?

I took it to the VW Dealership and the first thing the service manager says is "your door looks out of alignment.. I think that may be a part of your problem." No, you moron, my door/tires/steering wheel (effected by allignment) are fine, I'm here because my alarm won't SHUT UP and its driving me insane. He told me he could do a diagnostic for $150 (ouch) and even then that may not determine the problem. He thinks it could be a latch problem and couldn't give me an exact estimate of how much that may cost...

So any help with this would be appreciated! Is there a wire I can cut or a fuse I could take out? According to the guy at the dealership there isn't, but he seemed like he was just trying to suck the money that I don't have out of me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
re

that happened to me where my alarm went off when i tried to manually unlock the door with my key., my keyfob thingy didnt work, and when i tried to unl0ck the door , or start the engine, the alarm would go off. i had to replace the door latch thingy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts