NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can only get a front end aligntment. I believe that the back is set and can't be changed.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Yep yep.

only the front is adjustable. They say the rear has SOME adjustment, but it's REALLY minor, and really not easy to do.

There's no adjustments, it's just loosen some of the bolts, shift things as much as you can and retighten. Not very scientific. :p

Sounds okay to me. Good luck; the only adjustment they have on the front is toe.

If it's anything else there's not really any adjustments. Just new parts you can buy (camber plates, camber bolts, shims, ball joints) that'll add adjustability.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i had my alignment checked the other day after putting new wheels and tyres on. the guy told me that only the front end is adjustable, rear is set. my readings were pretty much spot on for all readings (car is 2 years old).
the readings on the sheet tell you the "specified range" which is what the manufacturer specifies it should be between. I assume the "Before" is the reading on initial testing and the "Actual" is the reading after adjustment - if required.
eg...left front camber should be between -1.0deg and 0.0deg it tested at -0.5deg so is within specified range so no adjustment required.
looking at this sheet your right front castor is not within the specified range. it should be between 7.2 and 8.2 but is reading 6.5
hth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts