NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks...thought I'd share what appears to be a common problem. I have a 2000 1.8T Beetle with 85k and I was experiencing random stalling/dieing when either stopped or pulling into a parking space and there was no CEL. In addition the car was leaking oil from somewhere low in the engine compartmen and I was needing to add coolant every two weeks or so with no traces of it on my driveway. After doing some research on this wonderful website and on the internet, I decided to replace the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) which is located on the side of the block behind the oil filter. While replacing the CPS I noticed two things. 1)that location was soaking wet with oil and 2)I happened to notice coolant leaking from the Cylinder Coolant Flange which also appears to be popular item that fails as well. It's been 2 weeks now and the car has not stalled once, the oil leak that was comming from the old CPS is now dry with no leaks and the coolant level has not changed and is also no longer leaking. These were all easy fixes that was done for well under hundred bucks~

1 - 1 of 1 Posts