NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retro ... it's the future
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen all red puddle lights on early US spec bugs... if anyone has all red puddle lights in the bottom of their door panels (rather than the half red, half clear)... could you do me a favor and see if you can find a part number on them? Or if anyone works for a dealership is it possible to find the part number on your parts system?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
The 1998 and 2006 models have the reflectors. Not sure if the lense will snap onto the 1999-2005 model's bulb housing it not. Guess it's worth having a go at it. :)

Or just painting it in transparent red. ;)

-Des

·
Retro ... it's the future
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did think about painting them but guessed I'd never match the factory red lens and it would look a bit half *rsed... I didn't realise the 06 models had reflectors, must check to see if the UK spec ones are the same.

I have ordered up a set of red reflectors and should be with me soon and for the price that they were (less than $4 for both) I thought I'd give them a go... the ETKA shows the same housing for both red and red/clear with a different picture for each lens so I'm hoping that they will fit straight on... even if I have to bust a glue seal to replace them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts