NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought MrsBeetle 1.8T 2005 NBC from a dealer and the back up lights weren't working, so I pulled the fuse cover and this is what I saw. Is it normal for all these fuses to be missing?

Is the one fuse with the light icon the only one that is for all the lights including the back up lights? The owners manual doesn't say squat. :(:confused:

I'm hoping you mighty beetle goo roohs will know!

Where can I find the schematic to replace all the fuses which should be here? There is nothing in the owner's manual.

Cheers--

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Some fuses are probably only needed with certain options. So depending which options your beetle came with it should have the proper fuses installed. It seems you don't have heated seats since there is no fuse in the heated seats slot.

Your owners manual should have a schematic of the fuse box and the fuses that go there. It may not necessarily show which fuses you should have since that depends on the installed options.

Is everything working okay?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Looking at your fuse box again it does look like all the required fuses are installed. You don't have rear windshield wipers or washers so no fuses go there.
I think you are good.

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My main concern is that the back up lights don't come on when I put her in reverse. Both of them don't come on. Someone else noticed this when I was backing up in their driveway. I didn't see this at the dealership, LOL for obvious reasons. Given the dealer wasn't honest with me in that she's been in a front end collision and still has some damage, I'm very suspicious about every thing now. I'm just wondering if she may have electrical problems too.

I also posted a photo of the schematic for the fuses that is provided inside the little plastic cover of the fuse compartment itself.

There is one fuse on there for lights, with the icon for what looks like lights. Do you think that fuse is for all the lights, including the ones on her back side?

I can pull that one and see if it's burnt out, but the headlamps work fine as well as blinkers and parking lights. So I'm confused. :confused:

So there has to be a good reason why neither back up lights are working, and since it's both of them, I doubt it's the bulbs, but I should check them. How can I remove the covers to check them? I don't want to force anything and break it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here is the same thing that IndyTom posted just in a different format.
Hopefully you can save and print this for future use.

NewBeetleFuseCard.gif

K

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Check fuse #7 per the info posted in the thread.

Also what transmission do you have? Auto, manual, how many speeds?
Yes do check and replace fuse #7 as per mine or Krashes schematics. It's a 10amp fuse and
If both of your back up lights don't come on then that is more than likely your culprit.

jfoj, she has an automatic 6 speed tiptronic transmission.

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes do check and replace fuse #7 as per mine or Krashes schematics. It's a 10amp fuse and
If both of your back up lights don't come on then that is more than likely your culprit.

jfoj, she has an automatic 6 speed tiptronic transmission.
Negative, I have a standard 5 speed tranny. I didn't want the 6 speed triptronic to avoid maintenance expenses LOL

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phooey. I was just at the parts store and remembered I needed fuses, and bought a pack with one of each amperage...but I didn't buy the small ones which is what I need for #7! GRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

I was so busy researching the part I needed for the brake job that I didn't think to double check what size I need. :eek:

Well I have to go back anyways, because I will be replacing the cabin filter sooner than later. ;)

Right now I'm focusing on stopping this seeping wetness. I have everything I need to get the wipers off and get into the cowl to see what I find...I even thought to buy a pair of gloves so I don't ruin my hands. LOL :D:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts