VW Beetle Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Remove the + and - battery cable terminals; touch them together and reinstall on the battery, reset done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I unhook the positive and the negative battery cable and then touch them together w
The convertible tops tend to have funcitonal issues; this can come down to comfort control module, wiring damage, bad position sensors, etc. and this can kill the bus comms. This, is where a factory level vw scan tool; like VCDS, really shines and you can read trouble codes, from the CCM and view live data, to confirm, everything is working ok.

Here is a example, of VCDS; being used to view live data for the convertible top mechanism, position sensors and a work around, for stuck tops, et

So when I unhook the positive and negative battery cables I touch them together and them hook then hook them back up ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The convertible tops tend to have funcitonal issues; this can come down to comfort control module, wiring damage, bad position sensors, etc. and this can kill the bus comms. This, is where a factory level vw scan tool; like VCDS, really shines and you can read trouble codes, from the CCM and view live data, to confirm, everything is working ok.

Here is a example, of VCDS; being used to view live data for the convertible top mechanism, position sensors and a work around, for stuck tops, etc.

When I put my top down the side panels did not go up or down and I didn't know they were supposed to until I seen the video cause mine never have went up or down

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
On my convertible, the back window regulators are broken. One day I tried to put the top up and it wouldn’t budge. I hit the buttons to raise the back glass until they stopped and boom… top worked. So if your switches aren’t working, the back glass may not be fully up so no top movement…

41 - 44 of 44 Posts