NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see if anyone can point me in a more affordable direction to replace the grille on my 2004 Beetle (GLS) -- my regular mechanic has said that I will need 3 pieces (a surround, the grille and a "center piece"?) which then need to be painted for a total of $715. I asked what it would cost without the paint and was told $465. I'm not sure if I really need all three of these pieces. Any clues to where I could buy them cheaper would be greatly appreciated. Also, are part names I listed correct, cause I can't find anything called a surround or a center piece on the VW parts site. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13,851 Posts
To save money; you could get used parts from a junkyard or go with new aftermarket parts. Discount aftermarket body parts; tend to come in different quality levels, they generally do not fit as well or have the same quality as genuine vw parts but you get what you pay for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
ebay ebay

if you want to replace those yourself buy the parts off ebay for under $200 total. Easy to replace just remove the license plate out of the way, the rest just pops out....pops back in. both parts come color black which goes good with the blue beetle, same as mine as you can see and no painting required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts