NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help on doing this..
99 BUG 2.0
Daughter went back to college Miss State from XMAS break. Left yesterday 3 hr trip arrives cuts off BUG goes in. The next day it will not start. The radio and fan comes on but will not start. She calls Daddy to get fixed. I tell her to have someone jump it off. Someone who knows how. Last time at school some kid hooked up wrong and fried the radio.. Any way she did and it started. She ran it around and it restarted.
Next morning comes out and it is dead.

I bought a new battery 2 mos ago. I called the Auto Zone ass manager today. Nice guy he said for her to bring in and he would check it out.. Just in case it is
Alternator and DAD has to go there and make a change. I need some instructions.. Over the years on this site I have done some amazing things that I could do by good instructions.. And Pic's somebody got some pics of it and were it is at?
Thanking you in advance
[email protected]
Last I changed was the fuel filter, head light,
something else.. Can you spoon feed me on this one too??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Battery & Alternator checked OK

Daughter took her car to Auto Zone to check why not starting. I put the battery in 2 mos ago.
Got to her dorm from a 3 hr drive. Parked it next morning it would not start.. Jumped off that day drove it charged it up. Dead next day then to Auto Zone.. She has had this bug 4 years. She tells me nothing is left on.. What do I do next??? Both the battery and alternator checked OK

·
NB NooB
40 Posts
fatdaddy said:
Daughter took her car to Auto Zone to check why not starting. I put the battery in 2 mos ago.
Got to her dorm from a 3 hr drive. Parked it next morning it would not start.. Jumped off that day drove it charged it up. Dead next day then to Auto Zone.. She has had this bug 4 years. She tells me nothing is left on.. What do I do next??? Both the battery and alternator checked OK
How did this turn out? I have a simiar issue trying to trouble shoot. Thanks

·
NB NooB
40 Posts
totally wouldn't put it past my wife to leave an accesory running....but she denies it, what can I say.....I'm almost positive that's wht happened.

Anyways, battery is totally shot, paid over $100 to have the charging system checked and new battery installed....and they broke the latch on the battery box to boot!

AGRRHHHH

·
Registered
6 Posts
ALT switch

I have changed mine on my 2000 gls. the dealer wanted $540? for one? So I went to Ebay=====$100. It wan not that hard to change. It was worth it . my old one was just dead it wouldnt even run the cruise some times? Now It fires It right up even in -40 weather with out having been pluged in. The only trick I found when doing the swap was to press the brass fitted nut like bart inside the housing. when you screw the bolts back in the will press into the mount a bit so it dosent move

Cheers
chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts