NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find an alternator wiring harness for a 2004 Beetle GLS 2.0 BEV? Besides the dealer, I won't be in town this week and my power distribution fuse block on top of the battery melted again at the black wire connection. From other posts it looks like its the alternator wiring harness. Since I won't be around a VW dealer I would like to order one online. Haven't found one through germanautoparts, rockauto, vwdiscountparts or ebay. Any other sources? Google failed me on this one. And does anyone know the original part #?

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I found this part #: 1C0971349AG available on most of the normal sites. None of the sites show it as guaranteed compatible with my bug. So a call to the dealer in the a.m. and we'll see what # they come up with. At the moment this part is available for 31.59 with free shipping. Anyone want to guess how high the dealer is? I'll wager the same part is over $100.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
We have discussed this issue thoroughly over the years and everyone has come to their own conclusions for the problems (melted wires, fuse boxes, charging problems, etc).

Having said that; you might go ahead and replace the charge wire; you can test it yourself and make your own wire, check out this video, for more info:

Here is a vendor; that sells premade upgraded wiring harnesses or you can use the info, as a guide to make your own:

Ultimately, as discussed and shown in the video, everything should be tested and confirm, any primary problems and you are not just putting a band aid, on the symptoms of a greater, primary problems (in that case; the issue will happen again).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts