NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so glad I finally get to make one of these threads! :D You can read the backstory of how I got my beetle, etc. at this link! :]

There's my beetle in the background! :D I haven't gotten to really drive him since I got him, as he had MAJOR tranny issues. But as of today, his transmission is FIXED! Well, knock on wood. Unfortunately, now he needs a new radiator. And then after that, water pump and timing belt! It's been a long road, but i've waited so long for this that waiting a little bit longer isn't that big of a deal!

Oh, my dad sold my Cavilier, so I'm currently carless! Lol. My dad said that it'll make me appreciate the beetle that much more when I get to actually drive it! :p

But when my beetle is back from the shop and is all fixed, I'm going to have a photoshoot with it, for sure! :] It still needs a name! I'll think of one eventually. :]

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Hi!

Glad to hear that you Beetle is getting better now :)
Looking forward to see more pics...

Greetings from Finland.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you! :D It is back from the shop now and running really well. :] I get to drive it to school tomorrow for the first time, I can't wait! My parents snapped pictures as I drove away in it for the first time since we started working on the transmission. My Dad was really happy to have it fixed up and driveable for me.

Here's another pic! I'll be taking prettier ones when I get my new camera. :]

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
:) That picture is actually good enough; glad to see you smiling and happy inside your Beetle :thup:

My Beetle makes me smile often too; I love Beetles :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I just say that I love parking this car?! :D haha. I got to school pretty late today and parallel parked in this tiny gap in the line that no-one else could park in. I felt super special. <3 hehe. This car makes it easier for me to be motivated to wake up in the morning!

I got my new camera, so as promised, here are some more pics of my un-named beetle!

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,100 Posts
Beautiful new beetle Congrads!!!!

And what color is ur beetle??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! :D

My beetle is Batik Blue. :] In direct sunlight the paint looks 100% PURPLE. it's the weirdest thing! But in shadows it's definitely a dark blue. I kinda love it! :] Even though the green in my favorite color, I really do like this color a lot.

I went off-roading with my beetle today! Lol! I babysat for a couple that lives on 10 acres out in Wine Country where I live, and I was dreading the ride over there. But we made it there and back in one piece! :] And of course they complemented me on how adorable my car is. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts