VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A few weeks ago I was having some trouble where my 2000 2.0L gas beetle would be stuck in 3rd gear when I went on the freeway and struggle and not go over 40mph and the rpm would shoot up over 5K. I took it to a transmission place who replaced a shift solenoid and my wire harness. While the rpms are now staying around 2.5K-3K on the freeway, I still feel like she is really struggling and cannot go much over 65 without feeling like she is about to explode. The check engine light came back on about a day after I brought her in and had the repairs done

That is one issue, has anyone seen this before and know what might be going wrong? I only have about 79,000 miles on her and I have never had any issues with the engine previously. The other issue is that I was putting some oil in her at the gas station today and I noticed for the first time that I could see down to the ground and it seemed like something was missing from under my hood. I took a picture, but there is a gaping hole to the left of the engine with random screws sticking out of the chassis with nothing attached to them. Could the people working on my car have not replaced something?

Attachments

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
I think your splash shield is missing.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Since your CEL is on, what code(s) are being thrown?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts