NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2013 vw beetle coupe that has ambient lighting. I cant seem to get the ambient lighting to work. The speakers dont light up and the dash instrument panel ( speedometer, gas gauge and temp. gauge) does not light up either. Therefore when I drive at night I cant see the gauges. I turned the dial on the dash to the left of the steering wheel to max brightness and I also turned the color ( red, whits, blue) dial and nothing happens. I brought it to my local vw dealership today in the daylight ( harder to see the dash lights) and the sales man messed around with the same dial that I did any said to see if they now work when it gets dark out. Needless to say they still are not working!!!! Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be????? Thanks, BArbara

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
You have a brand new car. Return to the dealer and tell them you'll wait while they fix it to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
Bypass, the salesman and go to the service department; don't give up, until they make it right! Just remember; no one will car about your car, unless you do! If you don't get anywhere; call Volkswagen of American customer relations, hopefully... the service dept, can make it right for you! Be aggressive; about getting EVERYTHING fixed on the car! Get all the issues handled while under warranty; once it goes out of warranty... you are on your own and all the repair costs will be your responsibility!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Kind of dumb question, I do not know the newer model Beetle, did you turn your headlights on?? I cannot recall what the 2013 Beetle has for daytime running lights? If the headlights are not turned on, the dashboard lights will not light up.

The New Beetles did not have auto headlights and the DRL were on all the time and were almost full brightness so many time people forget to turn the headlights on.

Check to see if the rear tail lights are on, if not, then the headlights are not on.

Forge the salesman, they are useless. Likely has never even driving one of these cars.

Also check the fuses, could be a blown fuse, but it is unclear if the car is brand new from a dealer, a demo or used?

This question might also be better posted in the 2012+ Beetle section as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI yes this is a brand new beetle and I did have the head lights on. I am going to check the fuses today and see if that's the problem since the dealer is closed on sundays. If that doesn't work I'm going to have to take it to the dealer service dept. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts