NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I liked the first couple of episodes of that show, but just like "American Chopper" they've played it out terribly!
I mean I know it's "Good TV" but come on!
The boys in the shop bust their collective buts to build a "Show Quality" hot rod in like a 2 1/2 day deadline while Boyd sets on his keester in the office. Oh sure every once in a while Boyd will come out into the shop to raise hell with his "Slaves" as to the progress of the car. All I can say is that I hope the guys in the shop get compensated BIG TIME for their efforts! It's like Boyd and Paul Sr. have the same script!

Here's every episode of American Chopper I have ever seen:

Paul Sr.: BUILD THE DAMN BIKE!!! cut to Paul Jr.
Paul Jr.: What Dad doesn't understand is that building a bike is a creative process! cut to Paul Sr.
Paul Sr.: BUILD THE DAMN BIKE!!! Paul Sr. retires to his office.

Here's every episode of American Hotrod I have ever seen:

Boyd: BUILD THE DAMN CAR!!! cut to Charlie.
Charlie: What Boyd doesn't understand is that building a Hotrod is a creative process! cut to Boyd.
Boyd: BUILD THE DAMN CAR!!! Boyd retires to his office.

Thank god for the internet!:p

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
I agree with you Chris. They are both played out, though I can still enjoy watching American Chopper once in awhile. Boyd is irritating, if they can edited him out I could watch it a little more. I rather watch Overhaulin', but with out the gag crap. Just show me the car before, the process to transform it, & the car after.:)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hmm, why is it that West Coast Customs, Foose, etc. can build a car without drama?

Oh wait, it's not in their scripts. :D

-Des

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Deserion said:
Hmm, why is it that West Coast Customs, Foose, etc. can build a car without drama?

Oh wait, it's not in their scripts. :D

-Des
For real though man. You mean to tell me the Teutels aren't rehearsing lines before each segment?? Give me a break. Boyd Coddington too. It's so prearranged that it just gets old. But, with that, why is it i can't turn it off? I do enjoy Mikey on Chopper though. Just because he seems to be the only one who's got a sense of humor. Although i'm sure that's arranged ahead of time as well.

I enjoy the stuff with Chip Foose. At the very least it doesn't sound scripted when they actually go through the design process.

I watched another show not long ago where they were modifying new cars. One was a Jetta, one some make i'm not familiar with and a third i can't recall. I would have enjoyed the show if they just did one car per episode, but they kept flipping between all three and it got hard to follow.

I kinda enjoy watching the NOPI Tuner show on Speed. Makes me just want to go to car shows and stuff. Pinks sucks though. Bunch of crybaby streetracers with receding hairlines.

(I apologize for the last remark to all my balding buddies. I mean no offense :) )

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
I think the only thing that is scripted on American Chopper is their monolgues that are thrown into the show in segments. Other than that I didnt see Paulie or anyone else reading anything when I watched them film part of an episode. ;)
Dawn could tell ya! hehe

·
Too Many Dubs....
160 Posts
LOL...
Those shows are EVIL... I mean ALL of em. Overhaulin, American Street Rod, etc.
I planned on fixing the tranny in my Golf and giving it a respray. Then I watched an American Street Rod marathon one weekend..After doing that a few times the following was the result...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2077879

·
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oyveychris said:
That is why Tivo/DVR rocks. Skip the crap and get to the meat of the build. I'd like a little less reality in my car shows.
Thats the truth! My DVR rocks!! I love watching miami ink without all the crap I don't want to buy in the middle!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts