NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a kenwood 250.2 amp. The sound quality is fine, every thing is fine ontell I really push the system. I was tuning the eq and gain tonight. I noticed when it gets above 200 watts ish my lights flicker. And if i go any further, the amp kicks off and back on again. Im thinking it might not be geting enough juice. Might install capaciter. [But shouldnt have to for 350 watts]

Kenwood 350 watts rms amp.
8 guage positive and ground cables.
single 10 inch cadense carbon fiber sub. 2 ohm [will hold 900 watts, proven in my last system]

Iv installed a cuple amps/head units before, no glitch.
So im at a loss here....

Any help would be GREATLY apreciated.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
are you running the amp at 2 ohms bridged? is it capable of doing so? if it can, then it's probably askinf for alot of juice, maybe you should up it to 4 gague wire. if it really dims hte light, and you've got a good ground and everyhting, maybe you should look into a good capacitor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am using 2 ohm bridged, The amp is 2 ohm mono/brdg 2-4 ohm stereo.
It dosnt dim the lights to bad. They just flicker. As for the 4 guage GRRRRRR, lol I spent much time in hooking it up the first time lol.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
BlackBug said:
Yes I am using 2 ohm bridged, The amp is 2 ohm mono/brdg 2-4 ohm stereo.
It dosnt dim the lights to bad. They just flicker. As for the 4 guage GRRRRRR, lol I spent much time in hooking it up the first time lol.
I did some reasearch and couldn find any kenwood 250.2 amp, is this a rockford fosgate 250.2?

If so it's not stable at 2ohms bridged, doing so will cause it to turn itself off under load. Also i cant find info on any kenwood amps stabel at 2 ohms bridged.

Please check the specs of your amp to make sure it says it's stable at 2 ohms bridged.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SHOOT! It isnt stable I had them reversed. well that would be my problem, im pretty sure of it.
Aww man what a dumb mistake HAHAHAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick Q. If i run 2, 2 ohm speakers inline dosent that translate into 4 ohm load?
2/ 2 ohm subs
+ |-----()--()------| -
| Subs |
+ ------------------ -
| |
| AMP |
| |
------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts