·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Good looking Beetle you got there !

Keep up the good work ;)

·
Super Awesome
91 Posts
Dude, I really dig you car, sweet FMIC. The only thing is that front bumper fits horribly, especially on the sides near the fender. Is it like that normally, or have you had an accident with it?

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts

·
formerly known as BROWN E
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i'd probably only do RSI if I can get that wide body that the RSI already has. Unfortunately I really don't have 4500 bucks to dish out on a body kit alone then painting and the full works.

Also if a piece is damaged for some reason thewhole kit would have to be replaced since they don't piece out kits from bildon. Wish someone could make a REAL replica including the widebody. THAT would make some money.

If there is an exact replica I would assume there could be some trouble from VW a knockin' but I don't see how that would work since companies for toyota supras make kits that are identical to that of the TRD widebody kits. Weird.

·
6,525 Posts
I really think u can work with what u've got already got. This is what I'd do:

It looks like the piping on the FMIC is pushing out the front. Have a body shop cut the inside of the bumper around the pipes and this should alleviate the outside fitment issues. Get a hold of the same black honeycomb mesh they use on the new GTI to cover the FMIC and also add OEM fogs and the mesh in the outside air wells.

Add ATS side skirts.

Add Caractere rear valance and rear spoiler.

Add shark style or shorty antenna.

Front clears and clear/red tails.

Look hot, be fast and pick up chicks. :D

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
Nb looks great-pics are very nice

like the fmic--got to get something on my nb to take care of heat soak on those warm days.

Did you notice any water temp increase with the fmic.

·
6,525 Posts
Ya know, everyone goes on and on about heat soak. I live in a year-round hot climate, and yeah, if I really stand on it, the temps climb to 215 or so on the temp gauge. But they drop down fast and I've never, ever noticed any significant decrease in performance. Personally, I think the FMIC for the NB is a mistake. Sure, it looks kinda rad, but I know for a fact, that around town, the temps rise cuz it's blocking the radiator.

A sidemount or Audi TT double SMIC is the the best option IMO, but u only REALLY need it if ur track or drag racing, not for occasional 'spirited' street driving.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts