·
Alaska drivers wanted.
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her is our little Aphid.

Mods to date:
-Clear front corners w/ sylvania silverstar bulbs
-Honeycomb LED Taillights
-Clear Car Armor On Front bumper, hood, fenders (F&R), leading roof, headlights, turn signals, and foglights
-TT pedals and dead pedal
-Stinger antenna
-17" ASA JH3 wheels wraped with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2 studded tires
-Personalized plate 'APHID'
-Weathertech plate clear covers
-Carpop clings, I have daisys, snowflakes, holly, candy canes, clovers, frogs, and amearican flags to rotate during the year
-Newbeetle.org sticker (to be installed)

But my most favorite part is the Emissions EXEMPT sticker on the lower left corner of the windshield.:)

Attachments

·
Alaska drivers wanted.
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliments. I do prefer the dry summer days or the icy cold days that keep the ground frozen. Anything in between means the roads will be messy which adds to my car cleaning time. If my wife didn't love the car so much herself she would be jealous of the time I spend keeping it clean.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I'm loving those tails! And, what a great idea to rotate decals, for different times of the year. :lol:

I, for one, would love to see more of your city. I have always wanted to visit Anchorage. :bigthumb:

Welcome to the Org! :wave3:

·
Alaska drivers wanted.
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xmas spirit

With the addition of holly and candy cane carpops we added a festive spirit to the car. Note the candy canes in the flower holder.

Attachments

·
Alaska drivers wanted.
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When away at work(on the northern coast of Alaska) I watch a webcam in Anchorage and it happen to catch a beetle in the picture. I just had to post it.

Attachments

·
Alaska drivers wanted.
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the most part the Beetle has been pampered with a garage but it has spent a handfull of very cold nights outside. I believe one night was at or just below zero. The dealer told us to cycle the glow plugs a couple times on the extremely cold days. On the coldest day(below zero) the car started but was very rough for the first minute. It seemed to warm up pretty quick though. Within 2 minutes it sounded normal. At temps in the 20's and above it starts up like it's a warm summer day. And with heated seats it almost feels like it.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
I love your car!! Beautiful and an 05 TDI!! Yea:goodjob:

Cori

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
How do you keep such a clean car in Alaska?? My parents lived (and I was almost born) in Anchorage...Every car is always dirty, cept yours!! I LOVE the decals!!!

·
Alaska drivers wanted.
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We just went thru the ‘breakup’ season and during that time it is impossible to keep a car clean. Just a mile down the road after washing it the car is brown again. VERY FRUSTRATING!:mad: So we park the bug in the garage and drive the truck instead. It’s a 12 year old Ford, and trucks with big mud tires look better with mud on them.:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts