NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when to wear my seat belt but while i'm in the driveway with the car running the damn thing won't stop beeping till i click the seatbelt together.

My question is is there any way to disable it? Is it a plug in module that can be simply ungluged?

Any help is great cause this thing is driveing me crazy!

·
Keep It Real
1,746 Posts
A friend of mine has an '05 A4 and he complains about this constantly and my wife's '05 Jetta GLI that does the same thing, my '00 Beetle only beeps initially and then stops.

This appears to be a VW/Audi change that was applied to later models, I'm not sure how to defeat this or if defeating it will effect other functions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you look under the seat, there is a black cable, that is seat belt sensor cable, you can cut it. This is the easiest way to disable it if you dont have a VAG-COM. Mine is cut when I got the car. I'm reconnecting the cable, I dont mind the annoying beep sound, it's not that I always forget to buckle up before I drive off but I like to keep everything in my car functional.:cool:

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
Find someone with a Vag-Com, it only takes a minute to reprogram. I didn't see where you live in your profile but there is probably some here that lives close by that can Vag it for you. I know TDI club has a section that people with Vag-Com's can post their availability to help others.

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
diode would work 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts