NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fans won't come on to cool, or when the a/c button is pressed. According to the pdf's I've read from "summer's coming check your fans" It says: "Low refrigerant pressure will lock out both fans and the AC clutch". Is this true for a/c operation only, or for cooling as well? Not too far later it says: "Slow speed operation can be requested by the radiator thermo-switch alone at any time". Does this mean the thermoswitch can turn the fans on to slow speed independently from the fcm? The problem I have is that I've jumped the pins on the thermo-switch, and the fans operate in low, and high speed. But when the car gets to 200F, the fans still won't kick on to cool it off, and the temperature continues to rise, unless your moving. So another test in the pdf says to check voltage between pins 2&3 with the a/c on, which I did, and there was 12 volts. I took the fcm out, and disassembled it, and all the solder joints look good, the relays work, and the contacts are clean. I don't want to replace it if being low on freon is the problem (which I haven't checked), but I need to know if it matters. Does the ambient temperature sensor come to play in any of this, as it is not reading correctly>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts