NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this great forum while browsing for accessories for my new to me Beetle. Hope to talk with some of you and make some new friends for my DaZee and me. Barb:)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org, Barb and DaZee! :wave2:

We are happy to have you with us! :party:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I can tell it's going to be fun on here. I hope to get some pictures posted soon. And thanks for the Newbie Welcome Kit Morav. Lots of good info in there.
Barb

·
Wanna Walnetto young lady
178 Posts
Welcome to the org.!:wave2: There's a wealth of info to be had. Anything you could possibly want to know about your Beetle can be found here, all you have to do is ask, or search the forum.:)

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Birth Certificate

I read about the "Birth Certificate" that you can get....so I called to get one. Weird thing though. When I gave them my VIN, it shows that my DaZee is a Double Yellow model.:confused: She isn't. No yellow anywhere on the seats, or interior, no cool wheels??? What's up with that? I don't even know for sure what her color is called. Just plain old yellow, or some wild solar flare yellow or whatever...:p
Anyway, the Birth Certificate is on it's way, and I thought I would post a couple of pictures of DaZee when I bought her, and after I had my new wheels put on....Barb

Dazee new.JPG

Dazee.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Wow! Strange!

It's possible the car was built as a CC, and modded out, but I can't imagine why, and many things would have to be removed, seats, Take 5 wheels, yellow stiched black leather steering wheel, yellow leather grab handle on dash, yellow stiching on black shifter boot, etc, but I'm not sure VIN would tell you that in the birth certificate process. The original "as built" information is on a label, and can be deciphered through a website. Where to find the label, and where to go on the web, is contained in my thread, here -
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html

M.

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks, I will check that out. I will post what I find out.
Well, it tells me that the car is a 02 GLS New Beetle and it was assembled in Mexico. Other than that, it's pretty un-informative...Nothing about color, so I am still stumped as to where to find out that info...
P.S. I couldn't find anywhere on your PDF that told me what website to go to for deciphering the code. But I did find a place through a search on the web.

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sooo, my car whispered to me today that she does NOT like her name. Just cause she has daisy shoes doesn't mean she wants to be called that.
She's a spiteful wench! Hey! Maybe that should be her name.. Yup, could be..I will have to try it out.

On another note..Does anyone know if they made a Double Yellow that was not DYCC in 2002? The birth certificate lists her color as double yellow?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
To set your mind at ease, that is the name of the color of your car...

The yellow cc, "Double Yellow Color Concept" :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
All she has to do is look at the seats, and the top of her hatch, for the turbo spoiler. If the seats are yellow and black, you have a CC. But, according to the stock wheels, it is not. :eek:

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All she has to do is look at the seats, and the top of her hatch, for the turbo spoiler. If the seats are yellow and black, you have a CC. But, according to the stock wheels, it is not. :eek:
It is definitely not the "color concept" model. No turbo or spoiler, no yellow anything inside. My friend has a DYCC so I do know the difference. I was just wondering if the color it stated on the certificate was offered that year and the color code chart Morav posted obviously proves that. So thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Bg knows she doesn't have a CC, the problem was she didn't understand why the Birth Certificate was identifying her Bug as "double yellow" (she thought the VW BC was identifying her's as a DYCC). Double Yellow is the correct name for the body paint color. I think people are confused in the name DYCC as the "double" having something to do with the interior. It doesn't. :)

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bg knows she doesn't have a CC, the problem was she didn't understand why the Birth Certificate was identifying her Bug as "double yellow" (she thought the VW BC was identifying her's as a DYCC). Double Yellow is the correct name for the body paint color. I think people are confused in the name DYCC as the "double" having something to do with the interior. It doesn't. :)
Right, that is exactly what I thought..:rolleyes: Until I did some research and found out that the "color concept" means all the yellow added seats and wheels etc. But now I know, and knowing is half the battle...or so I've heard:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts