NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
My 99's key fob takes 2 of the CR1620 batteries - is there one size that would replace these two - not always easy to find the 1620s
I don't think so. My 2000 VW Beetle takes the same batteries so I know what you mean. However, I never had trouble finding them at CVS or Walgreens.

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. My 2000 VW Beetle takes the same batteries so I know what you mean. However, I never had trouble finding them at CVS or Walgreens.
Thanks, I'll have to try that! There's a CVS around the corner but Walgreens is about 30 minutes away in a direction I don't often travel, I'd have to find some other errands to do for that kind of drive (yep, I stick close to home, work is only 7 miles away and nothing in between except homes and 3 traffic lights ;) )

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to try that! There's a CVS around the corner but Walgreens is about 30 minutes away in a direction I don't often travel, I'd have to find some other errands to do for that kind of drive (yep, I stick close to home, work is only 7 miles away and nothing in between except homes and 3 traffic lights ;) )
WOW, must be nice to live in Mayberry :D

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
As for the battery, no you'll just have to get two of em, pretty lame huh.

Spam!!!!!! Help! !!""""!!!!! :what:

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
as for the spam, click the little triangle
in the post to report it in the future. This will let the moderators and admin know it's there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for sharing, just ran to Walmart to get the CR3023 for my FOB on my 2001...
Only to open it and see the 2 cr1620's ?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I think some of the remotes came with 2 CR1620's in them but you can use one CR2032 to replace it. From what I have found my remote came with the 1620's but I have one CR2032 in it right now and it works fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think some of the remotes came with 2 CR1620's in them but you can use one CR2032 to replace it. From what I have found my remote came with the 1620's but I have one CR2032 in it right now and it works fine.
how you get it to fit? 2032 is bigger?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Maybe they changed the battery holder mid-production then. The 1620 is 16 mm diameter vs. 20 for the 2032. Near the end of this:

Sidewinderkey.com

it says oval button flip keys have the 1620 batteries, but my oval button key uses one 2032.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think my board is messed up inside so I will prob save it as a backup and get another made.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts