NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling like a Bugaholics meeting already. :wave3:

I'm Andy, and I just got hooked on my New Beetle that I just put a down payment on. It's a mint dark blue 1999 GLS 2.0 with only 47,000 km (< 30,000 mi) lady driven and dealer maintained. Looking forward to many road trips.

This is my second car, but, although it may sound sick, the previous car's fate was the best thing that ever happened to me. I can finally go to Waterfest with my own car! :cool:

Many pics to come, but only once I take delivery next week (starter being changed as part of the deal). I'm sure it will feel right at home with mom's '00 Jetta and dad's '97 Jetta GT. Family portraits will follow.

:kult:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

A little more about myself...

I'm 22 and currently working full-time until I can get my lazy behind back to school to either finish off my BEng (Mech) or do a BCom. It all depends on whether I decide to go for the career I want or go back to playing college volleyball.

Most weekends you'll find me armpit deep in the engine bay (usually not mine) or playing some kind of sport. I'm a dreamer. I have crazy ideas, but rarely have the time to actually get them off the drawing board (such as dropping a TDI into a Rabbit). I'm a motorsports addict and plan to start rallying at some point, but only after I rebuild the 924S that I semi-inherited (my aunt wants the headache out of her driveway).

All I have left to do is watch Herbie again before I pick up my car from the dealer. :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Congratulations to you for your New beetle! Yes, we need family pics.... :p

Welcome to the Org, :wave3: and Have fun! :party:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey akrallysport, and welcome to the org from a fellow Montrealer:wave2: I think our cars are the same color, oh yeah, my mom has a 2000 Jetta and the bug feels right at home with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts