VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening folks, or early afternoon for those in the States :)

Names Kieran, and I'm a youngin' as most Brits would refer to me, I decided after recently moving house I needed a car with cheaper insurance (I previously had an Alfa Giulietta Veloce and was getting bored of it.. Yeah.. Shoot me I know)

So I came across this beauty on flea bay;

Second picture is the dealerships photo.. Mine is much better, good old british rain ;)

Anyway, she's a 2000, 2.0L Manual, 5 speed. The previous owner had the modifications done that you can see, alloys were new about two months ago and 3 of them still have the alloy protectors on them.. I ripped one off because it wasn't fitted properly and haven't gotten around to the other 3 yet....

Along with the wheels she's been treated to a new exhaust, not sure where this starts as again, I've not had chance to check, could just be from the rear flange but it certainly sounds like a decat straight through exhaust, there's also a ridiculously huge pipercross induction kit under the hood

Sadly because of this induction kit the MAF needs to be unplugged or the engine sounds like it's going to implode so I'm currently on the lookout for a standard airbox (Anyone know if the MkIV Golf airbox is a straight fit?)

Also having some issues with stalling when slowing down :( But there's a thread for that in the 2.0L area, feel free to yell advice at me though :p I've ran the ODB port and codes are in that thread.

Anyway, seems there's a few of us poms joining up this week :)

Hopefully I'll be around a lot.. For reasons better than fixing my car haha

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Welcome, sharp looking Bug! Hopefully, we can help you getting it running at its best soon!

This was a new one for me; being a Yank! :)

(pom): A nickname for Someone who is English, coming from "prisoner of her majesty"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts