NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking very hard on this the other day and got to thinking about easiest way to do a swap on this car. I was looking into it, and is it possible to just roll the entire engine and transmission out of say a VR6 jetta into the New Beetle? I would get the ECU and Cluster out of the old car as well and fab the jetta cluster into the beetle. Would I have to replace the ignition switch with the one from the donor car, or would the keys from the old car work in my car after the switch? I ask this because I have found several VR6 jettas around here for only around $1500. While the engine was out I would rebuild it because I would turbo it eventually, but is my reasoning sound? I know all the MK4 cars are almost exactly the same from the front firewall forward, so in my mind this would work. i know it wont be easy and will require a lot of fab work, but the end result is really something i want: to be one of the few proud owners of a vr6 bug :D. Tips and tricks from those who have done this would also be fantastic.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts