NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my reasons I love my beetle is that when I need to clean her windows, I can actually reach across the windshield and to the top without a step ladder..... :D

What is your reason??

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
She's fun to drive! I love my turbo :cool:

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
Answering this question is like asking me to give you 'one' reason why I love my husband...totally impossible to do with one sentence.

I've only had our little girl for two months and I've spoken more than once about how she is the most COMFORTABLE vehicle I've ever owned (and I think I've had somewhere around 20 or more in my lifetime). Not only that she has this smell (not crayons darn it) that just 'takes me away' like Calgon as they say. And when she's topless, it's a whole new experience I never thought could be so good.

BUT to sum up everything about her into one sentence, the thing I love about Miss Daisy the most is that she is THERAPY for me! Granted, it will take a while before the price we paid for her will add up to enough psychology sessions to equal the amount, but I'm more than willing to keep her that long and longer because she's worth any amount for what she does for both me and my hubby when we take her out to 'stretch her wheels'.

Speaking of therapy, if someone were to put a nanny cam into the garage and see how we actually talk to her as though she understands everything we say....yeah, they'd say we definitely NEED some therapy for sure! :heart:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Answering this question is like asking me to give you 'one' reason why I love my husband...totally impossible to do with one sentence.

I've only had our little girl for two months and I've spoken more than once about how she is the most COMFORTABLE vehicle I've ever owned (and I think I've had somewhere around 20 or more in my lifetime). Not only that she has this smell (not crayons darn it) that just 'takes me away' like Calgon as they say. And when she's topless, it's a whole new experience I never thought could be so good.

BUT to sum up everything about her into one sentence, the thing I love about Miss Daisy the most is that she is THERAPY for me! Granted, it will take a while before the price we paid for her will add up to enough psychology sessions to equal the amount, but I'm more than willing to keep her that long and longer because she's worth any amount for what she does for both me and my hubby when we take her out to 'stretch her wheels'.

Speaking of therapy, if someone were to put a nanny cam into the garage and see how we actually talk to her as though she understands everything we say....yeah, they'd say we definitely NEED some therapy for sure! :heart:
No sweetie.... I agree....driving these little cars IS like a therapy session, for sure! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Words cannot describe it. I just love the car/s. something about them no other car has or can have.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I love both my NBs because I've been a Beetle guy all my life, and the water-cooled Beetles are light years ahead of the air-cooleds, so much so that I'd never own an air-cooled again. My lack of mechanical aptitude and DIY skill makes the modern-day Beetle a perfect fit for me. Granted, the old air-cooleds were easier to fix, but only if you knew how to do it in the first place, and today's Beetles are not only far more forgiving and dependable, but have idiot lights to warn you when something's not right. In those events, which are rare to begin with, I can take it to the VW dealership and not worry about getting stranded and hoping that someone who can fix it was even born when the car was in production.

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
I would not know ANY of you, if not for my New Beetles........ :clap:

New Beetles are so much fun, they should be illegal! :D

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
I love both my NBs because I've been a Beetle guy all my life, and the water-cooled Beetles are light years ahead of the air-cooleds, so much so that I'd never own an air-cooled again. My lack of mechanical aptitude and DIY skill makes the modern-day Beetle a perfect fit for me. Granted, the old air-cooleds were easier to fix, but only if you knew how to do it in the first place, and today's Beetles are not only far more forgiving and dependable, but have idiot lights to warn you when something's not right. In those events, which are rare to begin with, I can take it to the VW dealership and not worry about getting stranded and hoping that someone who can fix it was even born when the car was in production.
You're always saying exactly what I think....:D

As much as I ADORED my air cooled Beetles over the years, none of them were as comfortable and dependable as Daisy Mae. And I never even used to associate the word 'comfortable' with a 'Beetle' before so it's a whole new world to me. And what's even more odd is that I've sat in other water cooled Beetles of different years and none of them are really even comfortable. So I guess it's either the (p)leather in this one or the two owners before me really broke the seats in well. She smells like a pineapple and when I take her out to stretch her wheels, it's the best feeling in the world. Not to mention I get compliments from other drivers when I go topless. (That didn't sound good did it). Well, you know what I mean...

And as far as the people here, I just think you all are the best! I feel like I have a whole new family so I come here everyday to see what's 'up' in your world...and I think I'm here more than my Facebook page now. I guess I'm officially addicted...

:grouphug:

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
when i beat a corvette racing the look on their face is priceless..

-jd

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's reliable, fast, handles well and looks great. Also an excellent conversation starter. I was chatting with a 747 captain this morning who was filling up next to me. He wants to get one for his wife!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts