NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the flange under the engine that i smade of plastic. I read that the anti-freeze leak is most likely from there. I cannot find it, does anyone have pictures or soem steps on how to get to it and replace it ?

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Take off the plastic engine cover.

Follow the valve over to the far "right" of the engine.

Look down along the driver's side of the head/block. It is above the transmission, below the valve cover bolted into the cylinder head.

Another way to find it is follow the upper radiator hose from the radiator to where it terminates (which is at the "heart valve")

(And you don't necessarily have to remove the plastic engine cover to see all this, but it does make it easier)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply, I found it and the leak does not look like it is coming from the flange. The front of the engine looks dry, but I can't see behind it. Do know if there are any components in the back of the engine that would casue this ?

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
it all "comes together" right there at the coolant flange - therefore, I would trace those hoses.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anti - Freeze leak Found

I brought the car to STS and $370 dollars later the leak was coming from the thermostat housing. Thanks for all you replies.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts