NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

anybody have good color ideas for a silver beetle (hardtop) 2001 model. It had black leather seats and black carpets.

I want to spray the mid console and dash etc but don't knkow what colour will match??

·
Bug Lover
38 Posts
i have a silver nb also. my dash is black, black console top, but rest of interior is gray. i'm working on a pink scheme, highlighting those parts that are easily removed and easily scratched. the only other color i could really see working in my car was a blue, and then it would look like a Dallas Cowboys scheme - didn't want to have people think that's what i was going for.

Good Luck!
v

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Red may also look nice with the silver exterior and black interior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
resprayed the dash

Hi

I finally got round to painting my dash. Will post more pics soon. I like it especially when the lights are on.

My beetle is silver.

Next thing i'm gonna do is sand down the steering wheel spokes back to black.
Also my front vw badge fell off so gotta replace that and gotta refurbish my back book vw emblem.

I really wanna wrap my beetle like this pic, but more of a shiny gun metal colour. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have a silver nb also. my dash is black, black console top, but rest of interior is gray. i'm working on a pink scheme, highlighting those parts that are easily removed and easily scratched. the only other color i could really see working in my car was a blue, and then it would look like a Dallas Cowboys scheme - didn't want to have people think that's what i was going for.

Good Luck!
v
Late to the silver Beetle party, but I'm also thinking about interior accent colors that would look good with silver. I also have black dash/console top and grey interior. Throwing around ideas of pink, a blue of some sort, or maybe a pale purple/lavender. But I also want to do seat covers at some point, and I've been looking around Wet Okele to check out their options. There's no light purple, but there is pink and several shades of blue. I just don't know if their turquoise would be too dark for what I'm envisioning, which would be more of a sky blue or slightly darker. I also want to avoid Cowboys colors. And I don't want my boyfriend to feel ridiculous if he borrows my car and it's all pinked out. My favorite Beetle exterior color is Cyber Green, so I thought about doing a similar shade for my interior highlights, but I don't know how it will look with the silver.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
My daughter's Cyber Green (and my former Beetle) has a badly scratched center console that I'd love to have painted. The problem is that I would have no idea how to remove this piece myself to do it, so I'd have to pay a body shop. Before anyone here says how easy this is, keep in mind that my mechanical skills are on a par with a tadpole............

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know everyone says its simple to do, but honestly it really is. Its just a matter of a few screws and being gentle. I have a silver convertible. Here is what I did with mine so far, I am in the process of painting my door panels right now :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
That looks cool, and except for the part above the steering wheel, the other parts you painted are exactly what's scratched in my car. From what I've been told, you have to take the radio out, which I would have no clue of how to do even if I knew where the basic screws were.
The radio is really simple, you have to order removal keys that go into the two little slots on the face of your radio. I ordered mine off of ebay for $3.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That looks cool, and except for the part above the steering wheel, the other parts you painted are exactly what's scratched in my car. From what I've been told, you have to take the radio out, which I would have no clue of how to do even if I knew where the basic screws were.
Oh, and also, as for the scratches, that is what prompted me to re-do mine as well. The lady who had my car before me must have had a small dog in there and it scratched everything. Luckily the scratches were just in the "goo coat" which scrubs off easily and does not require sanding like I thought it would.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts