NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I had a blast this year I was just wondering if you have a date set for 2006? Hope to see ya there I am trying to replan my Honeymoon thanks to the twisted sisters KATRINA & RITA, we are planning on going on another cruis something in March or April. So I am trying to make sure I can come to Dallas.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Tentatively we are looking at the weekend of April 1st - I know April Fools weekend.

The weekend that we had it on last year is the same weekend of a big race at TMS (nascar) and the week following that is Easter...and if we push it into March we are concerned with Spring Break.

So - stay tuned for an announcement within the month.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
marvins_dad said:
Had the meeting last night and looks like we are planning for the weekend of April 1st!

We just need to get the official nod from the dealership and then it will be a go!
Is this an indoor or outdoor event?

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
BHRIFIC said:
Is this an indoor or outdoor event?
Sorry I didn't have this thread on my autorespond or whatever you call it.

Did get to pm you back and forth though.

Yes it is outdoors.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I wish we weren't so far away. :(

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Hey guys!

I really want to come for 2006. I've never been to a GTG, let alone the Round Up. Where is it exactly? What's the dealership's address? Also, especially for bugs who travel from far away, do you clean your car before you leave and again when you get there? Do you get a deal on hotel rooms?

Thanks.

Cori

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Wow Ft Collins Co...my firm is doing a Police Station in your city!

We have some folks that came in from Colorado Springs last year.
Maybe you guys can caravan if the are thinking about coming again...they said they would be back.

Give me a week or so and I will update the website with all the latest information - we should be getting the official nod from the dealership on Saturday then everything will begin being posted.

Here is the information from last year so you can see all the info you probably need at this point...only a few things will change.
http://www.dfwnbclub.org/TNBRU/index-old.htm

To answer your "cleaning question" - we have a Meet and Greet/car wash scheduled the night before the show so I would suggest coming to that and give a donation to charity to have some of our club members wash and vacuum your car for you...then you can wax/detail the day of show during setup.

Cleaner cars do score higher at our show...that's a given.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Wow, that is so weird that your firm is planning the new police station!! I bet it's the one at Drake and Timberline. Looks like it'll be a big one.

That's a good idea about 'carabuggin'. I will try to get a hold of the Colorado Springs people. Thanks for the info!! Are you getting any sleep with the baby?!?!?!

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
:wink: Yup - thank goodness that the wife is home for a while - wait until she goes back to work...that will be the test!
There have been a few nights I have awaken to cries, but Pam is there to take care of him so I can sleep.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Yeah - sorry you guys aren't going to be here yet.
We should have a meeting soon once the official check has been cut - but I think that the paper beetle contest has been successful enough to continue for its third year.
:wink:

The main sponsor has approved of our proposal and we are waiting until mid week for them to give the official okay.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Hi all. is there any way to get a confirmation of the date for this event? We really wanna come, but we need to plan ahead since we are going to be hitting the show scene VERY hard this year. If it is on the 1st of April, we are good to go. I just need to know for sure so we can book flights/hotels/etc.

thanks

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
schedule

Please post a schedule of events when you get it worked out. I'm only about eight hours away, by Beetle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts