NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some type of hanger or other device to get the rear brake lines closer to the undercarriage of the New Beetle rather than hanging down close to the ground?

Thanks,
Stephen.

·
Jitterbug
1,086 Posts
The brake lines are mostly solid and shaped to the suspension arms with short flexi's. I think you are probably seeing the e-brake cables, they shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late reply. Life happens.

0003.jpg is a shot of the left side hanging line.

0006.jpg is a shot of the right side hanging line.

Simonsi may be correct in that these are the emergency brake lines. I hope so. I really don't like the thought they could be the main brake lines dangling. I tend to drive in some very wooly places (like on backroads and trails where tall weeds hide the rocks).

In any event, is there something special I can do to get them closer to the undercarriage?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Attachments

·
Super smart senior member
857 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. Life happens.

0003.jpg is a shot of the left side hanging line.

0006.jpg is a shot of the right side hanging line.

Simonsi may be correct in that these are the emergency brake lines. I hope so. I really don't like the thought they could be the main brake lines dangling. I tend to drive in some very wooly places (like on backroads and trails where tall weeds hide the rocks).

In any event, is there something special I can do to get them closer to the undercarriage?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Yeah just get under there with some snap ties and tie it up to anything that doesn't get hot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts