NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, got my bug abotu a month ago and with her neing 13 years old she has a few scratches here and there. some are deep and some just on surface.

anyone recomend any products that will help me clean her up a bit?

big thanks

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
I got some stuff in a kit from Mequiars that does a pretty good job at handling surface scratches. Its called Scratch-X. I use it almost every time I wash my car to cover up some light scratches and rock chip damage.

·
Registered
14,060 Posts
A little on the expensive side but always worked well, when I used their products in a body shop production environment:

3M sells a number of kits for specific problems/needs; they come with everything you need to get the job done:

3M Scratch Removal System
Part # 39071 SKU:183415

Guaranteed to remove light paint scratches and scuffs Improves paint's appearance

3M Scratch Removal System : Amazon.com : Automotive

For a overall kit; that covers everything to get your cars finish back to it best, not just scratch removal:

3M 39053 Paint Restoration System
by 3M

http://www.amazon.com/3M-39053-Pain...6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1394807108&sr=1-26

You could also purchase; their compound and wax by themselves (these are big sizes); check your local stores like pepboys for smaller consumer sizes:

fine

3M 06068 Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish - 1 Quart

coarse:

3M 05954 Super Duty Compound -

Wax:

3M 39030 Performance Finish Synthetic Wax - 16 oz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts