NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any new performance parts for the 2.5? I have looking around all of the usual vendors but haven't seen any part releases yet. Anyone know when some will become avaialble?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually just looking for the basics right now. I already figured since it is a new engine that most major add ons like supercharges - cams- heads wouldn't be for quite a while especially since the engine isn't really proven yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been looking non stop and it looks like there are a few in development but not a one available yet. I was able to find a drop in K&N filter locally as the air box is the same as the 05's but it's killing me to get my hands on a CAI as well as good exhaust system. as the old theory goes more air in and more air out equals more HP !!:)

·
175 Posts
Take out the snowbox, switch to a K&N air filter and weld on an aftermarket performance muffler and that should be a good start until more parts become available.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already done! These mods made a little difference, I was able to fit a cat back from a 1.8T and the K&N was the first along with the box mod. I am waiting to to see who releases the first chip upgrade and what kind of power gain is there:)

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Probally 10 to 15 hp with just the chip. Going off of what the 2 slow guys are getting on their engines. What exhaust system did you put on your 2.5? I think I am going to puy a Magna-flow on my wife's 2.5.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Magnaflow's pipe size is too small at 2.25" for the 2.5 to let it breathe. Considering factory tubing is 2.25" OD (nominal), there's no sense in spending $400+ for essentially a muffler.

I just made a 2.5" exhaust for a co-worker's Jetta 2.5 and it sounds MEAN with a Flowmaster muffler.

Techtonics/Borla, otherwise custom would be my suggestion.

·
Keep It Real
1,734 Posts
You may not see many mods for this engine any time soon and probably nothing extensive unless the engine is deemed worthy, there likely won't be nearly as many mod's introduced as for the 1.8t for obvious reasons.

·
Keep It Real
1,734 Posts
Mufflerless cars make a lot of noise (if thats what you like) but this normally hurts the balance of the power band and destroys the exhaust note, wouldn't recommend it.

A quality performance muffler and large inlet/outlet racing cat can likely be found in order to build a performance exhaust providing a system is not available in the aftermarket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts