VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm new...be gentle
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my beetle for a really good price from a private owner. 2 days later...i found out why i got a good deal for it. Although the carfax came up completely clean, the car has been in an accident. The body is all good, i just have a bent transmission pan, valve body, and pan gasket. I took it to the dealership and they want close to 3k to fix everything. Thing is, i'm a struggling college kid. What i'm trying to get at is does anyone know a reliable website or salvage yard in the AZ area that i can get these parts in good condition relatively cheap?

I'm also looking to make a few modifications on my bug...seeing as how the bitch i bought it from voided almost all the warranties on it anyway. So does anyone know where i can get some badass parts? (i want it to be kickass but embarassingly girly hahaha)

Any help is Appreciated!! =D

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
Sorry to have to deliever bad news, but I would recommend talking to a lawyer about fraud. If the car was in an accident bad enough to bend any part of the frame, it should show up on a Carfax. The fact that it doesn't shows that the car was repaired at a shoddy place that probably just made it look good, and it could be a death trap.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
Keep in mind that CarFax is not the "Know All" when it comes to car history. Car Fax info is provided to them from third party sources. And not every shop participates in the CarFax program.

If your state/city has an "AS-IS" sale law governing private party sales there would be little that you could do, unless the seller new that the issue(s) could be life threatening if the car is being driven.

In regard to mods; if it were me, I would get it put back together in stock form and then mod after I was comfortable everything was working as advertised. You spend a little more, but you know you would be modding from a "working" stock NB.

·
I'm new...be gentle
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah my dad is talking to lawyers about the whole fraud thing because when we were asking them about the car and everything, they said its never been in an accident and nothing was wrong with the engine. I'm still learning on the whole fixing cars thing so i didn't realize anything was wrong.

I got it checked out by like three different mechanics though including the dealership and they said everything on it was fine except for the parts i listed, thank god.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts