VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the passenger side, round, and below and to the side of the head light. the light works fine but the clear lens has hairline cracks all over and condensation forms. i guess it will eventually fall apart.

i can't see how to get to it. i can't find a video...

help?

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
You take a plastic pry tool and carefully pry from the bottom of the lens. Then. It will release and pop off , you can then remove the turn signal lens assembly. It can be a bit of a challenge to pop it off; just take your time and use even pressure, it will come undone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the part i need is the clear lens for the ROUND light just below and to the outside of the head light. not the orange light on the bumper.

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Why does your TS need those lights/covers? And, where do you live?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why does your TS need those lights/covers? And, where do you live?
the passenger side lens has many tiny cracks, all over. moisture collects behind the lens. i feel that one day the lens will simply fall to pieces. moisture is getting behind the lens, so far the bulb is still good. i'm waiting for the moisture to dry out so i can try to seal it with something.

i've not been able to find replacements on-line. i really don't know what words to use in a search for them.

right now, i'm living in the southern KY northern Tennessee area.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Aside from used; genuine VW parts are your only source, for the unique turbo s parts. Most, have not been reproduced by the aftermarket (I think the headlights have been repro'd however). Because, of the low production numbers of this special model; I don't know if they ever will be. You can look up the correct parts you need here and once you get the part number; look online for the best prices.

http://parts.vw.com

It would be nice if they were; as many turbo s parts are coming up as "NLA" from VW and are no longer available (e.g. Aluminum interior parts).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Aside from used; genuine VW parts are your only source, for the unique turbo s parts. Most, have not been reproduced by the aftermarket (I think the headlights have been repro'd however). Because, of the low production numbers of this special model; I don't know if they ever will be. You can look up the correct parts you need here and once you get the part number; look online for the best prices.

Shop Volkswagen Parts and Accessories

It would be nice if they were; as many turbo s parts are coming up as "NLA" from VW and are no longer available (e.g. Aluminum interior parts).

thanks... i found the whole assembly at $81, i don't find the lens itself, that's all i really need. one thing i'm learning about the turbo S is the price of the parts is more costly.

http://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_20...98-05-wTurbo-S-model/48112091/1C0953156J.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts