VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife purchased a 2007 NBC and it had been smoked in. We have cleaned the interior top to bottom with the exception of the headliner. It still has a smoke smell and we think it is the headliner. How would you clean the headliner? I am afraid to scrub it and thought about using an upholstery adapter on a carpet cleaner. Has anybody cleaned theirs?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I am not sure I would try to "clean" the headliner.

I would probably spray the headliner down multiple times with Lysol spray or maybe Fabreeeze.

The other thing that might work??? is a steamer???? Never tired this but it may work with the headliner still in place.

Then while the weather is good, I would open the top about 1/2 way and support the front of the top with a few pieces of wood to allow the car to air out.

Smoke is a nasty thing to try to clean/deodorize.

Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't going to scrub it and I am reluctant to steam clean it not knowing what all that water will do. I stopped by a car lot yesterday that a friend owns and he gave me a can of foaming cleaner. His detail man said it should do the job so I am going to give it a try.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I cleaned the headliner with a product called "Work Horse." Wow! It really cleaned the headliner and the smoke smell is gone now. Gonna buy a can of that cleaner and keep on hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts