NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am! initially i was pining after the sony ericsson W800, but since it doesn't have quad-band support, coverage can't be guaranteed on cingular's network.

so now i am wanting the sony ericsson W600, which is available through cingular, but we don't have it in stores here yet.

this is the one area in which i have expensive tastes!

i am thinking i'll have to sell something in order to get this phone, as full retail is about $400. :(

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
I love my cell phone. I just got one in May so I can't really upgrade for another year and a half unless I want to shell out my own money for one. Just a few months after getting my phone, I was already eyeing up the new version of the one I have. I'm on Verizon (I love it!) and I have an LG4200 I believe...can't download ringtones, no camera or anything fancy like that but I like it simple. I wouldnt mind a camera phone though...

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i always want the latest and greatest and never wait until my contract is up to get a new one. i've spent too much money on cell phones and am a total feature junkie; bluetooth, speakerphone, camera, mp3s, etc. i guess we all have that one thing we spend more money on than we should. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I'm more secure knowing that I have one on me, but I'm not "on" it every minute. When the two years are up, we get a new phone, and I want to get one with camera ability. I refused to have that feature at first. However, there have been so many times that I needed a camera, and didn't have one, but I always have my phone. So I will bite the bullet and get a stupid camera phone. :rolleyes:

I do not need the latest technology, though.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i am more of a junkie from the technology aspect, not the "being on the phone" aspect. i am endlessly fascinated with small gadgets and what they can do.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
i think i am more of a junkie from the technology aspect, not the "being on the phone" aspect. i am endlessly fascinated with small gadgets and what they can do.
Me too Erin! I love cell phones. Whenever someone has theirs on them and its one I havent seen before or have gotten to check out I ask if I can look at it and alot of the people I work with come to me when they get a new one. They say I'm a walking owners manual and if I dont know how a phone does something I can figure it out very shortly!

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
I had a bad experience with recent Sony Ericssons. I have T610 and it completely sucks. The dust got inside the screen cover and I can barely see anything now. The control knob needs some hard pushing lately to get it to work. And other little annoying things. My dad had same one too and had it replaced by Cingular since something happened to the screen.

Overall, I'm pretty dissappointed with new Ericssons. Hovewer, my dad had T28 about six years ago and it rocked. Worked flawlesly for three years and was still working like new when sold to another owner.

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
holy crap I would never spend more than $100 on a phone. I would either brake it or lose it :( But some of those phone are awsome!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CyberGreenBaby said:
Me too Erin! I love cell phones. Whenever someone has theirs on them and its one I havent seen before or have gotten to check out I ask if I can look at it and alot of the people I work with come to me when they get a new one. They say I'm a walking owners manual and if I dont know how a phone does something I can figure it out very shortly!
i swear, we were seperated at birth. :D

i am always checking out people's cell phones. i've read so much about them and people know i am the cell phone guru around these parts. some people think i am nuts for what i spend on them, but oh well!

·
33 &#8531;
15,621 Posts
uh oh...I may be the one person left who fights the cell phone revolution; as in, I could live with out it...

I used to not have any; then I got one of those 'pay cell phones' (you know, the kind where you buy the pre-paid card...)

THEN, my father died, and when he passed, well, I had to get a cell phone to be reached easier...(the family biz is now in the hands of his sons...)

And, my Prius has the Blue Tooth, so what the heck, I said...but I still only use it rarely. And if it rings whilst I am out eating, I will get up and leave, so as to not disturb others...I try not to be rude with the phone.

Having said all that, I would love to get a SONY® phone.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well, i caved and bought one of the sony ericsson walkman phones (W600). it was my "i got a raise" / early x-mas present to myself. it's arriving friday. :eek: i hope not to buy one for quite some time after this. "quite some time" being about 8 months.

Attachments

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
I currently have a Palm Treo 650:

When it is available I am debating on the Palm Treo 700W:

However, I am a bit of a Palm OS bigot, and have purchased a good bit of software for Palm OS, so I may wait for the next Palm OS version of the phone.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jazzcat said:
im dropping cash on a razr soon as i get a check that is worth anything.

unless there is a good picture phone that is larger that works with t mobile then its whatever
the sony ericsson W800 is a 2MP cameraphone and is the mother of all phones. it's also got a 512 MB card, MP3 player, FM radio...etc. etc. however, it's not sold through any carrier and is about $430, but it would work with t-mobile. it was my dream phone, but it doesn't have the 850 mhz band that cingular sometimes operates off of. ;)

dgoldbe2: my co-worker has the treo 650 i believe and is very happy with it. after venturing into the world of PDAs though, they aren't for me. nice little gadgets, but i never use them except for syncing my calendar that i never look at.

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
I pretty much do it all with my Treo.

Calendar, email, web, music, games, contacts, taking notes, taking pictures with the camera.

I still have yet to watch any movies, or try the video conference feature, but this phone has saved my butt when I needed some information, more times than I care to count.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
My phone is crappy but thats because I refuse to spend money on a new one. My contract is up in april so I can upgrade then. So I will be spending some money instead of getting a new phone but I dont plan on spending a ton. I live vicariously through other people with cool phones! lol

·
Are Friends Electric?
372 Posts
No, I'm not really that much of a junky, I haven't been able to find one large enough for me (that is only a phone). My phone is off most of the time and it's always off when I'm in the car.

Currently have the sch a650 from Samsung, got it last April, at the time it was the largest one available that was JUST a phone. Well maybe someday they'll start making phones a little larger.

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Porkchop said:
Be sure to shop around - RAZR's are down to $69 with a new contract (this is through Cingular - same GSM phone though).

Someone I work with just spent $200 for one WITH a new contract 2 weeks ago. When I showed him the ads for $69 he was kinda upset ;)
i am already with t mobile and am very happy with their service...guy i talked with up there said he could get me a black one for $150 so i think im just going to be doing that...had cingular in the past and could never keep signal and refuse to get a nextel

1 - 20 of 335 Posts