NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 with MTM stage 3 modifications. I see a lot of people on here talking about APR etc. Was just curious how they stacked up etc. I'm the new owner of the beetle, it was my friend's. I'm trying to learn as much about all this stuff as possible. :)

This is their website: http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.html

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to tapping the wealth of knowledge that is here on NewBeetle!

Thanks!!

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
never heard of them... and i done see anything about stg 3 stuff.. all i see is chips and exhaust.

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
its all im metric.. looks like is a k04 or a 28r... looks good to me tho

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I've heard of them. They've been around forever. Haven't made a big splash in the US market, but they're HUGE over in Europe. They're also touted as one of the BEST tuning companies for vw's.

Your friend might have been doin' his research when he was doing his upgrades... good news for you. :)

I'm not sure how they stack up, but if you can get a dyno of yours and compare it to the online dyno's of apr's that'll give you an idea.

I imagine it's pretty slick; but I dunno if it really compares closely w/ APR's stage 3.

Can you tell me what all was included in that upgrade? Looks like turbo, injectors, ecu, and exhaust... was there more?

APR says their stage 3 is 290HP/300ft/lbs,
MTM says 232HP/250ft/lbs.

There's your comparison. I imagine they're both very smooth on power delivery as well.

·
Driver found.
373 Posts
Its a K04-001 Kit. mtm is indeed very famous here in Germany, one of the most expensive tuners you can go to. They have a very good reputation and knowledge about the 1.8t engine. But if you compare it to a APR stage 3 - you loose. The mtm numbers are CRANK HP, that is araound 195 WHP.

·
Driver found.
373 Posts
1.8TurboS said:
^^ so thats basically less than what most 1.8Ters can get on a stock turbo?
Yes this kit was developed for the early 1.8t beetles (avc, aph), but with a 2001+ you can also get close to this numbers with chip + catback.

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
The only MTM dealer in the US is Hoppen Motorsport in Florida: http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com. Kinda makes it hard for product penetration when you have a shop of one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts