NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if anyone needs help with anything lock related on their beetles (or whatever) I am planning on bringing tools and stuff.

The most common VW issue is the spinning door lock or the door lock falling out. The lock repair kit is cheap and it's an easy repair to do. I could also check on actuators, remotes, etc... just let me know ahead of time and I'll see what I can do.

cheers
Pierre

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Only problem I have is needed a new key. ROFL It is broken, never worked since I've had the car. :/

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's not working? Is it not turning the locks or turning but not starting the car? Is it a flip key?

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
So if anyone needs help with anything lock related on their beetles (or whatever) I am planning on bringing tools and stuff.

The most common VW issue is the spinning door lock or the door lock falling out. The lock repair kit is cheap and it's an easy repair to do. I could also check on actuators, remotes, etc... just let me know ahead of time and I'll see what I can do.

cheers
Pierre
Hi Pierre!
I need an extra key :p for my 2000 1.8 turbo beetle and also a remote. The remote I received with my car was broken by previous owner.
Passenger side actuator MAYBE.
Huuummm....what do you charge??
thx!
Sandi :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Sandi, I won't be making any keys. That key machine is way to heavy to bring and I couldn't take it from the shop that long anyway. I can check on the remote and actuator. PM me your VIN and I'll see what the parts will run.

·
Every one calls me Fuzzy
859 Posts
when i got my new key fob i just pushed the pin out and swapped blades an then found out the computer was fried and could have saved 70 bucks and got a regular key o well just throwing that out there not trying to keep some one from making money

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
FYI, I will have an OEM '08 Passat Fob for sale at the swap meet if someone needs one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts