NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lost my #2 coil on my 2001 1.8t and they are supposed to be covered on the recall. They never were replaced and I never brought it in because on earlier recall notices it said I had to have an issue before they would replace them. I brought it in and they told me they are not covered because they are the type with the metal inserts in the bolt holes and they only cover the plug in ones with no bolt holes. Anyone ever heard of this?:confused: Thanks Dan.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
I just lost my #2 coil on my 2001 1.8t and they are supposed to be covered on the recall. They never were replaced and I never brought it in because on earlier recall notices it said I had to have an issue before they would replace them. I brought it in and they told me they are not covered because they are the type with the metal inserts in the bolt holes and they only cover the plug in ones with no bolt holes. Anyone ever heard of this?:confused: Thanks Dan.
Try a different dealer :)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,139 Posts
I know that its not all cars or engines affected. It was only certain engine codes, which may explain why they won't cover you. But if you got the letter, I would assume that you should be covered. Did you take your recall notice with you?

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Where are you?

The one in Greenville SC are a bunch of :moon: s and are full of:bs:

I took my '01 to them and they told me that if any other code came up they would have to repair all of that ( at my expense) before they would replace the coil packs. and if I opted not to they would charge me $100 for the check :mad: And mine is covered under the recall.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
I have found VW customer care to be historically, worthless but you might give them a call... I'm sure there is some contact info on the recall notice. I have a 02 turbo s; I have had two recalls and had the coil packs fail multiple times.... I replaced some of them myself between the roll outs of the two recalls. I did get the notice in the mail; if you did, I'm confused as to why they weren't covered and replaced asap! I have heard that there seems to be stipulation as to which type and part #'s on the packs.... mine, however were replaced each time the recall notices were sent to me. Call VW and see what they say... worth a try! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts