VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow org'ers.

There was a sudden death / illness in the family, and my Mom needed to get down to AZ as soon as she could, so I let her take my beetle. On the way home, going through Pasadena, CA, the car started stalling at low speeds, and running rough, etc...

She called, and I had her unplug the MAF, it stayed running but not too well, so she replaced the MAF and the car sounds bad and isn't wanting to stay on. She says that she's hearing a vacuum leak of some-sort behind the motor, and all the shops seem to be closed until Tuesday, but she just wants to get home. I feel AWFUL because I'm not there to help her.

Is anyone in the area that might be able to help her fix / take a look at the car?

It's a 1999 with the 2.0, manual. About 144k on it. This car is my baby, and Mom is my everyrthing. Let me know if there is someone that can help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I wish I was close by to help; did you post this on the Facebook new beetle collective site? Maybe more eyeballs there during this holiday weekend? This is a tough busy holiday time; to get help with car trouble. :-(

My first thought is a vacuum leak at the brake booster hose.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts