NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I warm up my car in the early (still dark) morning, my headlights shine directly into the bedroom window of the apartment in front of my parking spot, and I am trying to be courteous of my neighbors. My 2008 Rabbit had a simple solution to this-just apply the parking brake and the lights went out. Not so with the 2012 Beetle. Anyone know how (or if) this can be done on the new Beetle?

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
When I warm up my car in the early (still dark) morning, my headlights shine directly into the bedroom window of the apartment in front of my parking spot, and I am trying to be courteous of my neighbors. My 2008 Rabbit had a simple solution to this-just apply the parking brake and the lights went out. Not so with the 2012 Beetle. Anyone know how (or if) this can be done on the new Beetle?
The new beetles were an easy fix also. I'm afraid that the 2012 beetle is probably like my gti and several other VWs now and has to be done through the cars computer. Could be wrong but I would almost bet on it. Sorry :/

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The only way to turn off the DRL's on a 2012 Beetle is via a VAG com/VCDS software. No easy way like in the New Beetle's to pull the switch and bend over the TFL tab. This is not supported in the New Beetle's.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
The only way to turn off the DRL's on a 2012 Beetle is via a VAG com/VCDS software. No easy way like in the New Beetle's to pull the switch and bend over the TFL tab. This is not supported in the New Beetle's.
Just FYI I've owned a 2002 and a 2003 and that does NOT work. Relay 173 mod, however, does work and as far as I've seen is the ONLY method to disable DRLs on a 02-newer wired vehicle. The TFL pin bending worked on my pre-02 but I've yet to see it work on an 02 or later. (My 02 was technically an 03 by build spec, so perhaps it's 03-newer)

·
Techno Blue driver
53 Posts
I just get in,start up and drive.My car seems to warm up faster when I drive then it does just sitting idling.Just my .02 cents...or you could back into your parking space too.....:D:D

·
5/23/10 <3
10,931 Posts
Seems as though that doesn't work on the '12 Beetle, as the OP has tried it.

I bet you have to go in through VAG-COM as others have said.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was just wondering, i had disabled my daytime lights for a few reasons, one my 1000 watt stereo upgrade, my street glow led light kit and strobes (it just looks better when the headlights are off when we are showing off our beetle), for my next mod., i want to add leds to my headlights (angel eyes), can the B circuit that was used for the DRLs be used to control the new leds, pretty much making the angel eyes daytime running lights, does anyone have input or advice, thanks.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,931 Posts
Vag-com.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts