NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the local newspaper, in the past 45 days, my town has received more than half of the yearly annual precipitation. Beginning Dec. 18th, we have received just over 31 Inches of rainfall. In January alone we got 18.69 inches!

I'm sure to some people that might not be a huge amount, but to others, it's a gigantic amount.

For comparison, city average precipitation for the months of December and January:

Atlanta: 9.1 in.
New York: 6.9 in.
Los Angeles: 4.9 in.
Miami: 3.8 in.
Houston: 7 in.
Phoenix: 1.7 in.
Seattle: 11.5 in.
Topeka: 2.4 in.
Anchorage: 1.9 in.
San Francisco: 7.5 in.

Anyone need some rain? :D

(FWIW, I love the rain!) :D :goodjob:

·
So over it!
8,050 Posts
Im so sick of the rain! Traffic sucks. You would think people would know how to drive in it..

Some sun would be nice-or just no rain at all. Im dying to drive with my sunroof open.. with out getting rained on..:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
So that's where it all went.

We had a half-inch of rain last weekend; the ONLY precipitation we've had since the first of September. Five months, no rain. Wildfires all around us and no wheat to graze the cattle on; we've already had to sell several for lack of food for them.

Please send it back down this way. We're in pretty sorry shape. :(

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Its pouring here on Long Island also. :banghead:
I want it to be spring already!!!! Cold+rain=me not wanting to get out of my bed!

·
18,312 Posts
JrsyGrl said:
That's everyone in NJ!
I think thats everyone everywhere. They cant drive in the rain here in NY..when I lived in Florida they couldnt either and forget PA! :mad:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Those bastards see a drop of rain and all of the sudden they have to drive 20mph under the limit. Or worse...they drive too fast and stop short and nearly hydroplane into you. Yeah, my morning.

Same with snow. If you are an adult and can't drive in inclement weather you probably shouldn't be driving.

·
18,312 Posts
crash_test_cuppy said:
Don't even get me started on PA drivers! LOL
:p

·
Smiling's my favorite
251 Posts
crash_test_cuppy said:
Don't even get me started on PA drivers! LOL

LOL, I think the NJ/NY crowd can agree on PA drivers. But then again, I think the NJ/PA crowd can agree on NY drivers. And the NY/PA crowd can agree on NJ drivers.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I am sooooooooo sick of the rain! :mad:

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Please send some of your rain to Colorado's eastern plains!! The farmers could use it! Our mountains are really getting the snow, but the plains are DRY! My friend wants to move to Seattle in a few years. Her number 1 reason: THE RAIN! I love rain as much as anyone, but what the NW has received lately would drive me nuts! Besides, how can you wash your car (and vacuum and wax it) in all that rain???? :rolleyes:

Cori

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PhoenixRising said:
Thanks Justin! It's POURING right now. And we need it.

I sent it via Express mail. Glad it arrived safely! :roflmao:

We now have a high wind warning to go along with our heavy rain and flood watches. Glad I live at the top of a hill, that way I don't have to worry about flooding. Now mudslides are a different story. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts