VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2003 beetle TDI and need to fix some things. I just got the timing belt and water pump changed yesterday. Next I need to replace the passenger side headlight assembly. It is broken and being held in with glue. Lol. Has anyone here gotten the ones from 1a auto? They look pretty good. I'm just going to go ahead and replace both. These ones seem like a good price. I don't really want to spend more than $200 since this is just my weekend toy and I have more things to fix and upgrade. Thanks for any input!

http://m.1aauto.com/volkswagen-beetle-headlight-pair/i/1alhp00053?f=640682&y=2003

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a pair to replace my original very yellow headlights (tried a polish once, lasted 6-12 months only).

The price was right, they were brand new.

But... They suck. Fit is *ok* and the low beams seem to work well enough.

However, the high beams? They are so badly adjusted that they throw out as much light as the low beam (same pattern I mean).

Also, the clips to hold the bulbs in are questionable at best. I broke one, sort of fixed it, it seems to be holding still.

My plan is to probably keep these another year, then change out for a set of the Bosch. Twice the price, but I am more likely to have real high beams in the end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts