VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Flippin Sweet"
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems pretty easy to install and configure. Anyone have one?
What is yours set at. Don't really need it at 45 mph....
Would like it to go up at about 70 mph.

·
Performance Freak
137 Posts
I've had mine for while now, almost a year I guess.

Up at 35.
Down at 5.

I like my spoiler up most of the time, but in traffic, the up/down is annoying. These settings work great for me, in traffic it stays down.

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
Up 60, down 50.

·
xak & my black beetle 99
13 Posts
what is this that u r speaking of, sounds kinda nifty about going up and down?!? is this the pop up factory installed spoiler?!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
xakkax said:
what is this that u r speaking of, sounds kinda nifty about going up and down?!? is this the pop up factory installed spoiler?!
Yes. The factory spoiler on the 1.8ts was set to deploy at 93mph from '99 - '01, and at 48mph for the '02 - '05 New Beetles.

This module allows you to set your own deployment and retraction speeds for the spoiler.

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
What do you mean non-equipped? The Tailwagger is for any NB 1.8T with a deployable spoiler. If you don't have such a car, this device is pointless.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have a 1.8t entire hatch that i would REALLY want to install on my 2.0, where is this tailwagger that you speek of?????

all i have is the enitre rear 1.8t hatch and wiring that was on the hatch. any help would be very appreciated!

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
You know, somehow I don't think this will work, unless your 2.0L ECU has the software to send speed sensor data to that wing.

Furthermore, the TailWagger, which is a custom module you purchase separately, is programmed via the manual deploy switch, which is also not present in a 2.0L NB.

I'm sure you can get it to work -- but it's not going to be simple, and I certainly don't know how to do it. PM elfchief, he helped develop the TailWagger and might know just how big a job this will be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.