NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
any thing in the low 300cc range is the max u can run for injectors... anything over that your going to run way to rich... even if u have a fpr....

·
Keep It Real
1,734 Posts
v-dubed said:
any thing in the low 300cc range is the max u can run for injectors... anything over that your going to run way to rich... even if u have a fpr....
This is very interesting,

I run 386cc injectors on my 1.8t (APH) and VAG scan tool block 032 reads -0.8 on both run and idle adapt, the ECU is having to make almost no adjustment here.

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
well i know u cant run 440cc's bc i have tried... and it diddnt come out to well... it really depends how finicky your car is.... on hte wide band it was coming out like 10.5 11.1... u could lick the gas of teh ground

·
Keep It Real
1,734 Posts
In order to run larger injectors on any engine one must first make sure that the engine is capable of flowing enough air in order to establish a proper A/F mixture, this may require that other engine components be altered or changed for example: Fuel pump, FPR, air intake and/or MAF, software, turbo unit if applicable etc.

440cc + injectors can and are being effectively used on the 1.8t APH/AWV etc. as well as on other engines when the proper steps are taken, dropping a set of much larger injectors on any stock engine is not wise or beneficial and is likely to cause poor results.

Unfortunately too many people out there just install parts like this on their cars without proper research or the use of any common sense and in turn expect miracles, when reality surfaces these people out of disappointment many times make baseless sometimes negative statements about the capabilities of the car/engine in question.

Usually these are the same people that are always looking for short cuts and/or the dollar cheap way out, rarely does "doing right" and "short cut/dollar cheap" go together.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts