VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DuvalDubs Flying Circus!

Yes ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Water Beetles of all ages...

Bugs 4 Breakfast is coming to back to Orlando.

When????? Saturday April 5th
Where???? Fairbanks Restaurant 1800 Fairbanks Ave. Winter Park Fl
What Time? 0930 (9:30 AM)
Why?????? WHY THE HELL NOT!

It's been a while since B4B went on the road. With May's B4B being in Bryson City NC, we thought this would be a great way for the group to get together and discuss the Great Florida Carabugvan to TOD. This also gives the Central Fl. Water Bugs a break in the driving dept. for a B4B.

If you know anyone with a New Beetle or any Water Cooled Beetle invite them along as well. This would be a great oppertunutty..oppartoonity..uppertunety.. CHANCE for us to meet and make more Beetle friends.

Be There!

Aloha

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Time Flies? You can't. They are too fast.

It's now only 26 days until B4B in Orlando.

Make plans to be there now. Invite New Beetle friends, Bring an appetite. If I remember correctly, Breakfast was awesome there!

The carabugvan planning and itinerary will also be worked out there as well. Good friends, Good information, and Bacon all at the same place at the same time.

You can't go wrong!

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had

Forgotten about that! It was amazing. I think that's where we first saw the cake pops as well. What a talented team they make!

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Counting Down....

12 days left until B4B in Orlando Fl!

Topics will include the Carabugvan to Bryson City and Tail of The Dragon. I am sure if Al is there he will be able to take funds for Swag orders and the Pizzafest for those that do not have PayPal.

Also after breakfast, we may all swarm Dave's garage, also in Orlando, and give him a hand getting his beloved "Heimlich" back on the road in time for TOD. From what he tells me it's just a matter of getting enough hands together to get the parts to line up.

Hope to see you all there!

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Plan Boss, The Plan.....

As it looks now, the Jacksonville contingent headed down to Orlando will be meeting at the Gate Station on San Jose Blvd and Sunbeam rd. Saturday morning 5 April.

We will Fuel up, Coffee up, Snack up and hit the road at 0700. Repeat, we will be leaving the Gate Station at 7:00 am and headed down to Orlando via I-95 and I-4.

This should give us plenty of time to get to the restaurant even with the inevitable traffic and whatever other delays may befall us.

Hope to see everyone there!

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
7 Day Bump

As for things that go BUMP in the night...... This 7 Day Bump is pretty significant.

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here.

Hoping we have a good sized crowd for breakfast. That restaurant was great last time we were there. The next B4B is in Bryson City at TOD so this one is going to a good one to hit.

Looking forward to seeing your Turbo S!

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! What a great time we had!

April's B4B was AMAZING! Simply Amazing!

We had 11 Folks there with a few kidlets tagging along! Shoney Cakes surprised us with the bestest Hello Kitty Cupcakes I have ever had.

Jeff and Jessica joined us with their GORGEOUS Turbo S. It was absolutely beautiful. They are new to the org and they fit in the group perfectly. Another cool Florida couple on the org. Central Florida is really starting to grow nicely. Vern came down from Jax with us and Kristin got off work and rocked over to Orlando in time to get some breakfast and see the gang.

After breakfast, Al and I went over to Dave's and tackled Heimlich's motor mount. After a couple hours and a few "colorful metaphors" the mount slipped on and now Heimlich has a few more hours of surgery left until he's back on the road and I expect we will see him at the Dragon this year. The next project is getting Cup back on the road.

We discussed The Great Florida Carabugvan" to Bryson city on May 2nd. More info on that in the TOD section. It looks like we are going to a pretty impressive site rolling up the highway.

Our Next B4B will be at the Everett Street Diner in Bryson City NC on May 3rd. Hope to see everyone there!

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Words well said Chuckie,

Thanks one and all making the trek to Fairbanks Diner. Annnd, Special thanks to the Diner themselves. They remind me of First Coast Deli and Grill here in Jacksonville- Awesome staff that let us have our fun in their diner. Again, thanks:)

B4B was created in Jacksonville, BUT is not exclusive to our city and club. This is a concept that works well with our busy lives.

The formula: plan a GtG in the morning, once a month, so you can go on with the rest of your weekend activities; and not slamming the brakes in the middle of your day to attend a GtG. B4B inspires the enthusiast to try and carve more time in their lives and enjoy fun and fellowship, as well as learning more about our beetles.

We encourage you to start a B4B in your area and watch the fun blow up! The attendance will grow,just keep plugging away and posting in the forums...promotion is a plus. B4B started waaaay back in 2005 and it's formula has proven to be a success. Now many B4B's are becoming an all day event.

Thanks again one and all. On to the Biggest B4B in the country...TOD at Everett Street!

See you in May!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts