NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day folks!

Last weekend we had an amazing G2G in the Belgian Ardens (south of the country).
This part of the country is known for its amazing scenery, little authentic villages and good gastronomy. The weather was amazing for the time of the year. We had such a blast !

Enjoy the movie that Ingrid made (one of the participants).
My video will follow one of these days

Ardennenoffensief - YouTube

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
GREAT Video! :bigthumb:

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Personally, I would have gone to a steakhouse instead of the all you can eat Escargot farm but I am sure in Belgium that sort of thing is a delicasy. :p

Video was well done! Can't wait to see yours!

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GREAT Video! :bigthumb:

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Personally, I would have gone to a steakhouse instead of the all you can eat Escargot farm but I am sure in Belgium that sort of thing is a delicasy. :p

Video was well done! Can't wait to see yours!
Escargots are a real delicatessen in this part of the country (and actually countrywide too).
We went to see an Escargotièrre where they cultivate (breed) escargots. We got to taste some varieties like escargot caviar, fried, mousse, etc...

Not my cup of tea to be honest, but most of them enjoyed these slimy creatures :) :D

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Escargots are a real delicatessen in this part of the country (and actually countrywide too).
We went to see an Escargotièrre where they cultivate (breed) escargots. We got to taste some varieties like escargot caviar, fried, mousse, etc...

Not my cup of tea to be honest, but most of them enjoyed these slimy creatures :) :D
Yumm, Escargot Mousse... Did that come with the Green Slime Sorbet? ;) I tried Escargot once on a cruise ship and it was okay but I wouldn't make a habit of it. Give me a nice T-Bone anyday of the week. :D

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yumm, Escargot Mousse... Did that come with the Green Slime Sorbet? ;) I tried Escargot once on a cruise ship and it was okay but I wouldn't make a habit of it. Give me a nice T-Bone anyday of the week. :D
I'm more a T-bone guy as well. Don't like escargots at all.

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts