NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Punky Brusier
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for wheels and I came across some Kazera wheels on Tirerack. They are Relatively cheep and only 18 pounds. They look very nice, but I just have never heard of them.

Heres the link of the ones I'm looking at

Kazera KZ-I Black Painted

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the Take 5 17" Factory Wheels, with what you've chosen the rotors and calipers are very "exposed", with these they are barely noticable. Thought about doing my calipers, but not really exposed to where it's an issue.

Here's what they look like on the '05 SE "Domingo" in deep red, same as on my Dark Flint SE Vert.

$448 The Set, shipped...
Volkswagen Beetle 17" x 7" Alloy Wheel Sales - Buy 2002 Volkswagen Beetle MACHINED AND CHARCOAL VENT; 5 STRAIGHT SPOKE at discount price!

Attachments

·
Punky Brusier
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the take 5's, but I really want to keep my wheels 16" I feel like 17's are too big and 18's are just too huge. I don't want to have to lower my car either. I don't think the calipers would look so exposed to where they look bad. Do you think maybe these would look better? Im open to any suggestions.

Sparco Drift Black Painted

Enkei Performance Falcon Gunmetal w/Mach Lip

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I really like the take 5's, but I really want to keep my wheels 16" I feel like 17's are too big and 18's are just too huge. I don't want to have to lower my car either. I don't think the calipers would look so exposed to where they look bad. Do you think maybe these would look better? Im open to any suggestions.

Sparco Drift Black Painted

Enkei Performance Falcon Gunmetal w/Mach Lip
If your wheel is 14" you have a bigger tire wall. A 20" wheel on a Bug and you have less of a tire wall :)

The radius of the tire and wheel stays the same :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I really like the take 5's, but I really want to keep my wheels 16" I feel like 17's are too big and 18's are just too huge.
17s became the factory upgrade for the use of performance tires, no modding, direct fitment, but the price of the tires does jump. Doesn't really affect the outside tire diameter or the clearance of the chassis to the ground, just reduces the sidewall dimension and widens out the tires.

·
Punky Brusier
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
17s became the factory upgrade for the use of performance tires, no modding, direct fitment, but the price of the tires does jump. Doesn't really affect the outside tire diameter or the clearance of the chassis to the ground, just reduces the sidewall dimension and widens out the tires.
Alright. I just thought maybe they wouldn't look right. Im still pondering if I want the take 5' or just black wheels since I want to black out punky. hmmmmmm. decisions decisions...

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Alright. I just thought maybe they wouldn't look right. Im still pondering if I want the take 5' or just black wheels since I want to black out punky. hmmmmmm. decisions decisions...
I know, black wheels are kinda in right now, but personally I like wheels that dress up a car not dress it down. I prefer wheels that are noticable, but subtle, and don't yell out "Look at me!" and detract from the car.

But hey, it's your car and should reflect your taste! There are upsides to the 16s. The tires are cheaper, less chance of curb rash, smoother riding, and they will take impact, e.g. pot holes, curbs much better with less risk of damage. A month or so ago, I took out two tires and one Take 5 wheel, clipping a curbed divider at a split in the road. Stupid, testosterone thing, forgetting I was in the Bug and not the Vette or Z28.

·
Punky Brusier
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm... now I'm thinking I should get 16's lol. There are a lot of potholes around where I live. My husband has 17's on his car and he has had wheels get messed up because of potholes. Also my husband tells me I should just get 16" so I don't have to worry as much like he does.

Gotta think about this a lot

Might just get 16's since i don't need new tires and then sometime next year get the take 5's.

:confused::confused::dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
My advice is to ignore my (and other's) oppinions on what style wheel you should put on your car.

Tirerack.com is an excellent source for wheels and they only sell quality products. You really can't make a poor choice in quality. The rest is up to your budget and personal preference.

If you want to maintain stock ride quality stick with a 16. If you want to sport it up go to a 17. Tirerack will suggest the correct size tire to maintain an accurate speedometer and you will have no worries about rubbing or poor fitment.

Have fun and... if it matters. I like your original choice.

·
Punky Brusier
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My advice is to ignore my (and other's) oppinions on what style wheel you should put on your car.

Tirerack.com is an excellent source for wheels and they only sell quality products. You really can't make a poor choice in quality. The rest is up to your budget and personal preference.

If you want to maintain stock ride quality stick with a 16. If you want to sport it up go to a 17. Tirerack will suggest the correct size tire to maintain an accurate speedometer and you will have no worries about rubbing or poor fitment.

Have fun and... if it matters. I like your original choice.
You just reassured me:D I'm just going to go with my 1st choice. Its the only one I'm really sure of. And I really like those wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts