NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, odd topic I know. But I've stopped tanning (mostly cause I can't afford it), and I have heard about spray tan and I always thought there was someone in there with you, spraying you down so I've never done it. Well I see now, it's just a booth and you cover what you don't want tanned and then the rest is sprayed.

Has anyone done this? Is it any good? How long does it last? Is it expensive? I'm considering it because I'm tired of being ghosty pale and I like to wear dresses, but my legs are so white and I have scars and things from when I was a kid and I just don't find it very attractive. So spray tan is a temporary, when I can afford it, instant gratification kinda thing. Any input?

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
They're not bad. You have to make sure you exfoliate everywhere so that you don't get any dark spots.

My cousin did that and her neck ended up orange but I think she did something she wasn't supposed to. I think maybe she had lotion on or something when she went. The color collected in the folds of her neck. It was weird. I've personally never done it. I'm afraid it will trigger my asthma or something.

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There normally is plenty of sun in Georgia but lately it's been pretty cloudy. I'm kinda over the whole lay out and tan and wait for something to happen weeks down the road and find out I got skin cancer from it! lol j/k that's kinda dramatic.

I do have Dutch skin! lol So pale, I used to burn easily, I still do sometimes. I just figured the spray tan would be nice because it's quick, harmless, and the tan is instant. :) I don't wait well...haha Maybe another Dutch trait? lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
i've heard mixed reviews. some are not pleased with the color (orange-y) while some come out great. i've heard good things about that mystic tan but from what i remember it's pretty darn expensive. the day of my wedding i had my makeup done at nordstroms so i asked if they could do anything about my pale skin. they recommended this amazing self tanner (spray) by chanel. it rocked and i looked great! nothing orange-y :) i just looked like i came back from the beach!

·
Not low enough
947 Posts
i don't have the time/money to bother with spray tan, it's just as costly and bothersome as tanning beds. i naturally tan a lot on my arms, face, back, chest... but forget my legs, barely a tinge. i use bare escentuals faux tan on my legs. apply it about twice a week and it looks just like my arms. when i tell people i use it on my legs they're shocked it's not a real tan.

·
18,312 Posts
Just remember to follow the instructions. Don't let this happen to you!

:ha:

That's EXACTLY what I think of everytime I think of spray tanning! :roflmao:

"Wait, wait a minute, there's no light on the back wall! How do I know when it's gonna start? Hello?" :spit:

·
18,312 Posts
<Spray Tan Dude> Woah, I never said Mississippi.
<Ross> You mean Mississippilessly?

:D
Almost as funny as when he got his teeth whitened :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts